Friday, August 3, 2007

I AM YET TO DISCOVER

Every man has a price; all wisdom challenges.
No man is of perfection- no man at all.
Our dreams are the devil’s paths…
We left footprints on those paths;
those paths that lead to our hearts.
Now, he throws pleasure at our feet.
What sort of beggar dares refuses to ride a horse?
I am yet to discover.

I am yet to discover a satisfied Nigerian with an unselfish ambition,
A cow with the colours of a zebra, a beautiful world rooted in peace,
A barren woman without bitterness- but peace is a child from a barren woman.
It lives in the mind and not in the real world.
I am yet to see the sun retire permanently.
I am yet to see day as night and night as day.

What about the new Nigeria?
I heard it is a land flowing with milk and honey.
We have been on this journey for forty-seven years and my limbs are tired.

Some of us are yet to discover our purpose- A flame within us that lights the way of life.
Some flames have however being quenched by the desires and storms of life while some have become burning fires touching the hearts of many.

Above all, I am yet to see a change?
Are we hopeless? I don’t think so.
We can do this because we are achievers.
All it takes to change Nigeria is faith, enthusiasm
And a positive mind-set.

No comments: